Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:52:06 +1200
From:      Juha Saarinen <juhasaarinen@gmail.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: named now runs chroot'ed by default

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:51:12 -0700, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org> wrote:
> Mergemaster hasn't been made aware of this.  It unconditionally installs
> the named stuff in /var/named/etc/namedb even when you've explicitly
> turned the chroot stuff off.  How are we supposed to get the old
> behavior back?  This sucks. :-(

I didn't see this when I rebuilt/reinstalled world without explicitely
chrooting named (that's next).

$ uname -a
FreeBSD hostname.org.org 5.3-BETA6 FreeBSD 5.3-BETA6 #1: Thu Sep 30
09:48:47 NZST 2004
root@somewhere.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/vim2-040927  i386

Was actually wondering about that, as Doug said named now
"auto-chroots". Also, no instructions in /src/UPDATING that I can see
--  just cvsup'ed again from cvsup2.au.freebsd.org.

$ ls -la UPDATING
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  71804 Sep 29 22:04 UPDATING

--

Juha