Date:      Sun,  8 Jul 2001 19:08:17 -0500
From:      Richard Lucas <rlucas@threeh.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network problem?

This is odd and I'm stumped. My power flickered this evening rebooting my
FreeBSD machine and when it came back up it could not ping anything outside of
my network. It can ping the other machines on the internal lan fine but cannot
ping the gateway or anything outside of it.

My other 2 machines are fine, they can ping it and can ping outside. I'm on
cable with @home and I've tried powercycling my modem. I've tried giving the
FreeBSD machine a different ip, putting it on a different port on my hub,
booting the generic kernel, taking everything out of rc.conf except the basic
network stuff, but nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is? Please CC me as my email that's
subscribed to the list goes to that box which is being spooled at my secondary
MX right now.

Thanks,

-Richard