Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 00:08:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Lester Igo <igo921@uidaho.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cc / Current problem

I have a wierd problem with cc building -Current.

The machine is a 2xP166MMX that has been running -current for a long time.
However I have been really busy lately and have not updated the machine in
a long time:

-
uname -a
FreeBSD confusion 3.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Jan 18 19:34:23
PST 1998     root@confusion:/usr/src/sys/compile/CONFUSION  i386
-

I worked out the ide device problem with the kernel, however since I
started trying to make world, I have been getting cc errors on the option
"-02".

-
cc: unrecognized option `-02'
-

This bothers me but things still compile.  My current cc version is:

-
bash-2.01$ cc -v
gcc version 2.7.2.1
-

make world is failing on me at:

-
===> libskey
cc -02 -m486 -pipe -DPERMIT_CONSOLE -D_SKEY_INTERNAL
-I/usr/src/lib/libskey -W -Wall -Werror -I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include
-c /usr/src/lib/libskey/skeyaccess.c -o skeyaccess.o
cc: unrecognized option `-02'
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/stdio.h:362: warning: `__sputc' defined
but not used
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/ctype.h:146: warning: `__maskrune'
defined but not used
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/ctype.h:160: warning: `__toupper' defined
but not used
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/ctype.h:167: warning: `__tolower' defined
but not used
*** Error code 1
-

I searched through messages to this list for similar problems and found
none, what is the best approach to fixing this?

PS libskey compiles fine if I make it directly.  I am going to see if
doing that won't get past these problems.

--
                               Lester Igo
                     885-8823, 214 McConnell Hall

UNIX has very few quirks. Perhaps some utilities used on UNIX boxes are
quirky, but you didnt say that. The system is very precise and has been
worked upon by the best computing minds in the world. You must consider
UNIX is a tad more complicated than System7. The fact it works at all is
testimony to its strong and elegant design.

                                --------

"I used to be thin, handsome and smart.  Then I discovered UNIX."
		  -- Adrian Chadd