Date:      Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:55:17 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Rainer Goellner <rainer@jabbe.de>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AVM BlueFritz!

Rainer,

> Why was the AVM BlueFritz! USB adapter put into the list
> of ignored devices? As Marcel Holtmann pointed out to me
> some time ago, at least version 2.0 is H:2 standard compliant,
> except that it doesn't tell us. I used it quite some time
> with a patch like kern/76205.

i guess its my fault. i misunderstood the purpose of the patch in the
pr. i was under impression that intention was to _prevent_ ng_ubt(4)
from attaching to the adapter, not _force_ it to attach.

> AFAIK earlier versions of the adapter are problematic.
> I don't know how to distinguish them, but to ignore all
> of them doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

i have a report which clearly states that AVM BlueFritz! usb adapter
does not work with ng_ubt(4). i also have a dump of all usb interfaces
and endpoints that does not look like H:2 standard compliant. i'm pretty
sure that at the time i saw special Linux driver for the device. i did
not port it because i did not have the device.

could you please obtain a dump from the device that shows all the
interfaces, endpoints, etc. and send it to me? perhaps there is way to
distinguish between working and non-working version of the adapter.

in the mean time i should probably revert my changes and force ng_ubt(4)
to attach to the adapter.

thanks,
max