Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:08:11 -0500
From:      Rod Person <rod.person@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help setting up a home network with FreeBSD

Hello,

for the last week I have been trying to set up a home network with FreeBSD.

Here is what I have:
	FreeBSD 5.0 server 2 nics
	FreeBSD 4.8 workstation
	Windows XP machine
	Windows 98 machine.

I have been successful in setting up the 5.0 server to connect to my verizon dsl account. I've configure the kernel for use as a firewall and set this up as a gateway machine. I like the 2nd nic to connect to my hub and server dhcp addresses to the other machines on the network.

I been searching for a tutorial or how-to but nothing I have read has been successful it letting the the other machines to access the internet via the server.

Can someone point me in the right direction to a good how to or supply me with some tips.

TIA

Rod