Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 07:41:21 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        "Philip Murray" <me@philth.net.nz>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH & X11 Forwarding

> From: "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
> Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 22:10:44 -0700
>
> I use the X11 forwarding in a licensed copy of SecureCRT under
> FreeBSD without problems.

But is your FreeBSD box using XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 cookies or MIT
cookies? If you just install the default XFree86 kit you have MIT
cookies. 'xauth list' should tell you if XDM-AUTH or MIT cookies.

I don't use SecureCRT, so I can't claim knowledge of how they
run, but the error message sure made it look like they could not deal
with XDM-AUTH cookies.

Van Dyke has an excellent reputation and I would suspect that they
have a fix (or maybe it's a configuration issue.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)