Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:59:53 +0000
From:      Hiten Pandya <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Warnings in my bootup (dmesg.boot)

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 11:55:34AM -0800, Terry Lambert wrote:
> This means that it's trying to register a driver with a
> subsystem that has not yet been initialized.  You probably
> need to split it off, and initialize it seperately ysing a
> SYSINIT in the SI_SUB_DRIVERS, SI_ORDER_ANY.  If you have
> trouble doing this, let me know, and I can take a look at
> it for you (it's going to be a bit of a pain if it's allowed
> to be loaded later; if so, the easiest thing to do is to
> simply load it later, e.g. in /etc/rc.local).
>=20

Hmm.  AFAIK, All I did was to add the PERFMON driver to the kernel
configuration file, and when I compiled and installed the kernel, and
booted ofcourse, it came up with the error.

> Because Realtek adapters with that chipset are known to
> have problems with autoselect.  The easiest fix is to
> ignore it (if you don't have problems) or specify the
> settings on the ifconfig line (if you do).
>=20

Already done. Thanks. :)  Also, I am going to CC the ACPI stuff to
Mike Smith sometime today (after I eat). :)

Regards,

--=20
Hiten Pandya
http://jfs4bsd.sf.net - JFS for FreeBSD (JFS4BSD)