Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:52:46 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ftp-master collection is broken down

Ok, I've prepared new collection family for ftp-master.  Good old
FreeBSD-archive collection is also existing, but I suggest to using
new subcollections.

# Master collection.
ftp-all			# Same as FreeBSD-archive

# Subcollections.
ftp-CERT		# FreeBSD/CERT/*
ftp-development		# FreeBSD/development/*
ftp-doc			# FreeBSD/doc/*
ftp-others		# FreeBSD/{TrustedBSD,branches,misc,tools,updates}/*
ftp-ports		# FreeBSD/ports/*
ftp-releases		# FreeBSD/releases/*
ftp-snapshots		# FreeBSD/snapshots/*
ftp-base		# Rest of above subcollections.

In addition to that, I've write auto-scanfile-generation script for
CVSup daemon and running it periodically for each subcollections.
Please make sure scanfile is generating for subcollections only (not
for ftp-all and FreeBSD-archive).  So if you want to get a benefit of
scanfile, please use subcollections instead of ftp-all.

For example, I'm using this as supfile for CVSup client:

----- supfile
*default host=ftp-master.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/home/cvsup
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default preserve release=all prefix=prefixes/FreeBSD-archive

ftp-CERT
ftp-development
ftp-doc
ftp-others
ftp-ports
ftp-releases
ftp-snapshots
ftp-base
ftp-distrib             release=self prefix=prefixes/ftp-distrib.self
-----

I'm not yet prepared more broken subcollections (such as division by
architecture).  I may make these subcollections, but I'd like to
settle down today's changes to do more modifications.

Please let me know if you find something broken.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project