Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 1998 16:04:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   netgroup in /etc/exports question

	I am trying to make my network a little easier to manage. The number of
	machines on it has grown to the pint it is a real pain to add each
	machine to various files.

	So I am trying to deply NIS netgroups. I have created a netgroup called
	all on my nIS server. I have placed the following lin in /etc/exports:

	/         -maproot=0  all

	But when I try to NFS mount this filesystem from a mchine in the
	netgrup, I get permission denied.

	I previously hadd the follwong line in /et/exports:

	/usr      -maproot=0  kodiak.fas.com grizzly.fas.com yogi.fas.com \
	cuddly.fas.c polar.fas.com panda.fas.com kodiak grizzly yogi polar \
	kodiak panda

	What am I doing wrong here?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955