Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:11:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jorgandar blackmoon <jorgandar@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IP Masquerading

I've got a problem:

I have a LAN in my apartement, i'm running freeBSD, my room mates are
running virus95 and MacOS 8.something-rather.  I'm trying to set up ip
masquerading, my computer (of course) being the gateway.  I think i've
doen everything as correctly as the documentation specifies and i'm
getting this problem: If i give my room mates an IP address outside of
our LAN, they can ping it just fine, but they cant use http or telnet
or any other protocol to connect to the outside world.  I'm pretty sure
they aren't connectiong to our ISP's DNS...but i have no idea why or
how to fix the problem.  Let me know if there's something that i should
take another look at or if someone has an idea of how i can more
accurately isolate what might be causing the problem?  thankx

~Joe~