Date:      Thu, 19 May 2011 13:48:21 +0200
From:      "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mail was down for a few hours

On 19 May 2011, at 12:28, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:55:57AM +0200, Simon L. B. Nielsen wrote:
>> Hey,
>>=20
>> Just FYI, the RAID controller on mx1.FreeBSD.org decided to take a =
break (IE, firmware crashed) so that all inbound mail, and much internal =
mail too, was not delivered for around 4.5 hours.
>>=20
>> I think mx1 was one of the hosts which have not had RAID firmware =
etc. updated so it's likely the problem has already been fixed, but I =
will look into that when I have some spare time.
>=20
> I'm curious -- what brand of RAID controller and what driver on =
FreeBSD?
> Not that I have any solutions, just curious about what's in use.

Hey,

The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2950 with a PERC 5/i RAID controller (IE. =
really LSI MegaRAID) using the mfi(4) driver.

Many of the other primary FreeBSD.org systems are running on similar =
hardware.

At some point I will get around to updating our machine webpage again =
:-)

For mx1 the machine page is actually correct: =
http://www.freebsd.org/internal/machines.html

--=20
Simon L. B. Nielsen