Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 1995 14:45:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
To:        mcw@hpato.aus.hp.com (M C Wong)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Socks clients for 2.0.5R and 1.1.5.1R

> Hi,
>    I am after various socksified clients binaries for 1.1.5.1R and
> 2.0.5R, and wonder if anyone has built such things, and willing to
> make them available.
>
>    Also, has anyone have any experience with using sockd with ipfw,
> tis fwtk, or tcp_wrapper on FreeBSD or using FreeBSD socksified
> clients with sockd on another box (be it FreeBSD or others) ?
>
>    Any comments/suggestions/advices and things to watch out for ?

Only this.  In include/socks.h,
/*
 * Make clients that connect through SOCKS server to destinations
 * outside the firewall, but connect directly to destinations inside
 * the firewall. You can then, for example, rename the regular 'telnet'
 * to 'telnet.orig' and make a symbolic link for 'telnet' to point
 * to 'rtelnet' and from then on use the command 'telnet' no matter
 * whether the hosts you try to connect is inside or outside the
 * firewall.
 */
/* #define VERSATILE_CLIENTS */

you will need to know which way the server does it.

Boyd

 Boyd Faulkner                                  faulkner@isd.tandem.com