Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:45:18 -0500
From:      Steven Curtis <sjc@qx.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Install question

Just for the info, this will be important for anyone trying to install *BSD on a comercial system originally sold to run MS WIN 95/98/NT.  Make sure to go into the BIOS and disable the Plug and Play OS option.  The bios help says that this should be turned on only if running MS WIN 95.  Turning this off allowed for the proper detection of the 3C509B.  Just spreading the wealth.

sjc