Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:52:43 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to Handle the Three Newest Additions to the /usr/ports/CHANGES?

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 11:25:16AM -0700, Joshua Tinnin wrote:
> On Saturday 24 July 2004 10:00 am, Matthew Seaman=20
> <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 09:12:47AM -0700, Joshua Tinnin wrote:
> > > smogmonster# portsdb -uU
> > > Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
> > > wait.."Makefile", line 34: Malformed conditional (${XFREE86_VERSION} =
=3D=3D 3
> > > && !defined(WITHOUT_X))
> > > "Makefile", line 36: if-less endif
> > > "Makefile", line 36: Need an operator
> > > make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> > > =3D=3D=3D> chinese/arphicttf failed
> > > *** Error code 1
> > > 1 error
> >
> > Run cvsup(1) again -- looks like you managed to cvsup in the middle of
> > all of the commits being made to add the xorg capability to the ports
> > tree.  It's been fixed now.
>=20
> I hate to tell you this, but I tried it again and it's still getting this=
=20
> error. BTW, I'm updating ports-all.

Then take 'chinese' out of your refuse file.  In fact, if you want to
be able to build an INDEX yourself, you have to take all of the
language categories out of the refuse file.

Otherwise, just download a recently built INDEX by:

    # make fetchindex

and forget all about running portsdb before running portupgrade.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way