Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 18:42:01 +0800
From:      "Rafter Man" <rafter@linuxmail.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3 in 1

Hi FF (FreeBSD Fans)

I have 3 questions, hope some in here can and will answer some or all of them :-)

1. I have just installed 4.5-Release and know that there must have been found some security bugs it. Because I am running a server I cannot follow the Stable branch, so I only upgrade the system between the Releases, but of cause I want to be secure. I am subscribed to the FreeBSD mailing lists regarding security, but how do I find every security bug in my 4.5 Release?
I have found http://www.freebsd.org/security/index.html#adv does it hold all the security bugs in 4.5-Release? So if I path the 14 bugs found I am up-to-date?

2. Why do syslogd have to bind to port 514? My system is not log-server so all syslogd have to do is write to /var/log, so I can’t see why it should bind to a port.

3. Will sftp-server use /etc/ftpchroot in the future?

Best regards
rafter