Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:49:16 -0700
From:      "Cavignac, Sebastian" <CavignacSC@phoenix-cement.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: new documentaion

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Cavignac, Sebastian =20
Sent:	Friday, January 12, 2001 6:38 PM
To:	'GLOBALLINK2001@aol.com'
Subject:	RE: new documentaion

Now THAT is the spirit of adventure and conquest that I want to see more
of on this list!!!  You see a dragon, and by George you're going to slay
it!  I salute you, sir!  And yes, I agree, the documentation is very
dated. What do you think of this:  we can have two different types of
documentation, the classic How To, and also a new type, the Why To.
Sort of like separating the mechanics of a task from the concepts of why
it needs to be done. Maybe it would help bridge the gap between the
gurus and the newbies?  I am up for writing these sorts of things.  What
do you think might be some critical areas?

_S