Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 2015 21:15:21 +0000
From:      "dim (Dimitry Andric)" <phabric-noreply@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Differential] [Request, 6 lines] D1932: Remove the non-standard CC alias for c++

dim created this revision.
dim added reviewers: emaste, theraven.
dim added a subscriber: freebsd-toolchain.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Since r34282 (almost 17 years ago) we have been carrying the alias 'CC'
  for 'c++, to invoke the C++ compiler.  The original reason in O'Brien's
  commit message is "for compatibility with SGI".

  This alias is not based on any standard, is not compatible with case
  insensitive filesystems, and does not seem to be used by any other
  operating system.  So let's finally get rid of it.

TEST PLAN
  Do an exp-run, probably.  I expect zero breakage.

BRANCH
  /head

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1932