Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:52:53 +0800
From:      "Sukhbinder Singh" <sukhbinders@hotmail.com>
To:        <jfm@blueyonder.co.uk>, "Gudin Francis" <fgudin@prosodie.com>, "Bill Moran" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>, "E. J. Cerejo" <ej.cerejo@laposte.net>, "David Banning" <david@skytracker.ca>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Sukhbinder Singh <sukhbinders@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port/Distribution Installation

Finally, I got the /games distribution downloaded to my freebsd. This was
done through uploading it from my dos partition like I did for my initial
freebsd installation for the /bin distribution. I am still unable to get a
network connection up and running. I am not using a dial - up networking
like I was in the past. Currently, I am using the xDSL modem using a ADSL
connection to my ISP. Will I still be able to connect to the net via ppp or
do I need a different method of connection from FreeBSD. Currently, when I
start ppp on the command prompt, the FreeBSD system takes me to a new window
and indicates like :-   "ppp started on Foo> " all p's in lowercase. Then,
after a few seconds it says " Warning: the original logon script has
failed". How can this problem be resolved. Any help will be helpful.

Singh.