Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:04:31 +0200
From:      "Leonard den Ottolander" <leonardjo@hetnet.nl>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ext2fs no rw mount

		Hello!

 I am having a problem mounting an ext2fs slice rw ("unsupported optional
features" ). I am using FreeBSD 4.0 (just the installation CD).
 I found this might have to do with the version of mke2fs (> 1.14, sparse
superblocks). The hint to use the option "check=none" for linux users with 2.0
kernels doesn't work on FreeBSD, since the option is not available. Forcing
the mount also has no effect.
 I was wondering if this problem has been overcome in the current source code,
or if there are ways to work around this problem.
 If I need the new source code, do I have to download the whole source tree?
Just downloading lib, sbin/mount_ext2fs and sys/gnu and recompiling shows me
missing files (not really unexpected). Can I suffice downloading some parts of
the source tree and the right makefiles?

				Thanks for your help,

				Leonard.