Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:52:48 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        Michael Imamura <gte255n@prism.gatech.edu>
Cc:        "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla dumps core while installing JS

michael mentioned,

as in,

> I've been having the same build problem on my 4-STABLE box for a while
> (0.9.4 failed with the same error).  I tracked down the problem to the
> post-build step; the segfault seems to come from running the
> "regxpcom" binary.  I removed the lines which make the call in the
> Makefile for the port, and that seems to have worked, but I am unsure of
> any ill-effects this might have.

post-build:
        @${SED} -e "s;@PREFIX@;${PREFIX};g" \
                ${FILESDIR}/mozilla.sh >${WRKSRC}/mozilla
        @(cd ${WRKSRC}/dist/bin; \
          ${SETENV} LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=. ./regxpcom; \
          ${ECHO} skin,install,select,classic/1.0 >> chrome/installed-chrome.txt
; \
          ${ECHO} locale,install,select,en-US >> chrome/installed-chrome.txt; \
          ${SETENV} LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=. ./regchrome)
        @/usr/bin/find ${WRKSRC}/dist/bin -type d | /usr/bin/sort -r | \
                /usr/bin/xargs ${RMDIR} 2> /dev/null || ${TRUE}

so comment out the @usr/bin/find lines?  I'm way out of my element here.

The odd thing is that it used to give me that error, then partway
through .9.4 it built, then it started acting this way again.

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail