Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2007 05:16:56 -0500
From:      Joe Auty <joe@netmusician.org>
To:        freebsd-questions Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   apache exiting on signal 6

--Apple-Mail-7--145027501
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hello,

I've seen a lot of information on Google about this error message
I've been seeing a lot of in my logs:

> pid 11443 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 6
> pid 11454 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 6
> pid 11447 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 6
> pid 11442 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 6
> pid 11527 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 6
> pid 11525 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 6
> pid 11523 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 6
> pid 11756 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 6
> pid 11755 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 6
> pid 11828 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 6

Many of these pages point to resource limits issues, but I'm a little
puzzled.

I do have some httpd processes that have been taking around 30 - 40%
of my CPU (although not constantly), but I believe I generally have a
decent amount of free RAM (my snmp daemon doesn't seem to log memory
consumption, unfortunately).

# limits -d
Resource limits (current):
   datasize           524288 kb

If this is a resource limits issue, what is the best way to track
down this issue? I have tried raising Apache's MaxClients, but this
hasn't helped.

I've also seen some info which suggests that this might be an Apache
bug of some sort, but I've seen this in both Apache 1.3 and 2.0.
Right now, I'm running 2.0.59 with eAccelerator.

I guess the next step might be to try disabling eAccelerator... I'll
let you know if this helps. In the meantime, if you have any other
suggestions they would be welcome!

Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
http://www.netmusician.org
joe@netmusician.org

--Apple-Mail-7--145027501
	name=PGP.sig