Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 22:53:53 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Use CVS for the first time

On Sun, 28 May 2000 22:01:04 -0400 (EDT)  Zhihui Zhang wrote:
 +------------------
 | I am considering using CVS for a project on FreeBSD.
 | [...]
 | Any enlightment is appreciated.
 |
 | -Zhihui
 +------------------

I've always used some kind of revision control on even solo projects.
It makes it easier to experiment and gives some insurance against
"fat-finger" problems.  CVS might be a bit of over kill but it's
easy to use and will save you work when the project takes off and
there is more than one developer on the project.  Look at www.cyclic.com
for good tutorials.

chris
--