Date:      Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:53:55 -0400
From:      nawcom <nawcom@nawcom.com>
To:        Ben Racine <wisher21@gmail.com>,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is this possible? DHCP / DNS related.

I was having the same issue here at where I work at University of
Michigan. We had a server that I personally set up for my work there,
(static IP), but then we got a new net admin for  the building that
changed some stuff - making the server ip dynamic which made the dns
record useless. There are ways around this to make it work - but the
admin wasn't willing to cooperate.

well what im trying to get at in this email is i decided to grab a
hostname from no-ip (http://www.no-ip.com) which is a free service that
uses a program you install to keep their dns up to date when your ip
expires or changes. They have mutiple domains you can pick from, or you
can pay them to have your own. (I decided to pick the servebeer.com -
http://lsupport.servebeer.com :-P)