Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 14:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/3871:Update to FElt port(CAD)

The following reply was made to PR ports/3871; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To: max@freebsd.org
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, max@wide.ad.jp
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 16:03:44 -0700

 max@freebsd.org wrote:

 > >This update of the FElt port solves some problems in FElt. I also added
 > >examples and corrected a small typo in the PLIST (oops I don't see that fixed

 > I see several problems with this.
 >
 > 1. The location for example files are ${PREFIX}/share/examples/felt.

 I found some things already installed in $(PREFIX)/examples and I read
 (on a posting) this place was being sort of standarized. Can anyone
 (like Satoshi, for example :) ) confirm if the examples directory is
 being standarized?

 > 2. Sent patch for patches/* doesn't apply without -l option to the
 > patch command.  (Just want to make sure that the resulting files
 > created with ``patch -l'' are what you want.)

 The -l shouldn't cause problems, but I can't check it now. I'd say if it
 builds it's OK. Please note the patch-ac ends up being completely
 different.
 > 3. I personally don't think it is necessary to use
 > ${PREFIX}/share/felt.  The default location of ${PREFIX}/lib/felt
 > looks ok to me.

 Any of these seems fit to me, but the original committer decided it
 should go on share. Perhaps because the type of files involved could be
 shared with other boxes without much problem and it's not difficult to
 change either.
 I now believe it's better in share.

 > Please check on these and re-send in the update.

 Except for issue no.2 (which I can't check right now) I'd say the patch
 is correct. Can you check issue no.1 while I check no.2, please?

 	Pedro.