Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:58:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: processing incoming mail messages (FreshPorts 2)

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Dan Langille wrote:

# On 18 Dec 2000, at 12:45, Joseph Scott wrote:
#
# > 	Cool, so are you just going to have procmail send a signal with
# > kill(1) or something each time it dumps a message in the queue?
#
# Something like that. I don't actually know.
#
# > 	Another question, totally different topic, are there any plans to
# > open source the FreshPorts code?
#
# It won't be before I get version 2 of the code running.  I want to process
# all of the source tree before considering that.

	Cool.

# BTW: adding NetBSD or OpenBSD to FreshPorts does not require
# FreshPorts to be open source.  All it requires is for someone to write a
# script to parse their logs.

	Very true.  Ideally the import daemon would be modular enough
people could simply write perl modules (functions, objects, whatever) that
could easily be plugged into the import daemon.