Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:07:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork@fasttrackmonkey.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PAM and LDAP or MySQL

Hi,

I found the PADL pam ldap module, but apparently (from what I've seen on
various mailing lists) it's not compatible with the FreeBSD PAM
implementation.  When I try and auth an ftp session with it, this shows up
in my logs:

Jul 29 03:56:12 bigpoop ftpd[22412]: unable to resolve
symbol: pam_sm_open_session
Jul 29 03:56:12 bigpoop ftpd[22412]: unable to resolve
symbol: pam_sm_close_session
Jul 29 03:56:13 bigpoop ftpd[22412]: unable to resolve
symbol: pam_sm_authenticate
Jul 29 03:56:13 bigpoop ftpd[22412]: unable to resolve
symbol: pam_sm_setcred
Jul 29 03:56:13 bigpoop ftpd[22412]: auth_pam: Module is unknown

I find it hard to believe there's no functional ldap pam module, it seems
like quite the standard.  In my case, I'm setting up webmail, and I want
cyrus to auth via system->PAM->LDAP.  Postfix can already handle looking
stuff up via LDAP for delivery, so that part is done.

Is there a PAM module for MySQL?  I could work that in, as postfix also
has mysql support.

Any pointers are appreciated, I'm totally stuck here...

Thanks,

Charles