Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 10:20:16 -0400
From:      "Clarence Brown" <clabrown@granitepost.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   4.1 lockup on reboot at isa0:

I just installed 4.1 from CD onto a machine that
had been running 3.4 without problems. The
machine is an old Gateway 486 DX/2 66 with an
upgraded processor and 64 Meg ram.

From a power up, or reset button the system
starts fine.

If I do a "shutdown -h now" and then press any
key to reboot the system always hangs at the
line..

isa0: <ISA bus> on motherboard

I also had trouble during the install with the system
probing, but never finishing when the scsi adaptor on
the soundblaster card was enabled. This also worked
fine under 3.4. Since I don't have any scsi devices
connected I just deleted it from the list during kernel
config then the install proceeded ok, but I'm concerned
that 4.1 doesn't seem to work as well as 3.4.

If 4.1 known to have hardware problems like these?

Cla.