Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 13:35:33 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David Loszewski <drlski@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vinum vs. ccd ?

On Saturday, 18 May 2002 at 23:45:15 -0500, David Loszewski wrote:
> David Loszewski wrote:
>
>> When creating a raid what do people prefer to use? Vinum or CCD and
>> why? I read the FreeBSD handbook and it only talks about CCD and when
>> it comes to Vinum it just has XXX as the description....
>>
>> suggestions?
>
> no suggestions?

I've been waiting for somebody else to answer this one.

I'd recommend Vinum.  It's much more flexible.  A document on using
Vinum is on its way to the handbook, but in the meantime you can get
some information in the (copious) man pages and at
http://www.vinumvm.org/

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.