Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2017 13:06:05 -0600
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        v@fatpipi.com, FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sysutils/tmux - strange behaviour with new version 2.4 / 2.5

> On 26 Jun, 2017, at 7:54, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz> wrote:
>=20
> Vanilla Hsu wrote on 2017/05/16 01:37:
>> I got the same problem too, but after update to 2.5-rc2, all issues =
gone.
>>=20
>> maybe you can try to update to 2.5-rc2 (2.5 not yet released) by =
yourself.
>=20
> Opening this again. I downgraded to 2.3 in the meantime but I had a =
hope that 2.5 will be fine - it is not. Event final 2.5 exhibits the =
same symptoms as 2.4 on my machines and doesn't show innocent lines of =
text file.
>=20
> Does 2.5 work for you or anybody else without issues? What is you =
tmux.conf? (I tried it with empty but still have this problem)

I encountered the same problem, and it disappeared after I exported:

TERM=3Dxterm-256color
LANG=3Den_US.UTF-8

In particular, make sure that LANG specifies UTF-8.

# Adam

--=20
Adam Weinberger
adamw@adamw.org