Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:30:01 EDT
From:      Robert3085@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FIPS QUESTIONS.......

Hello,

I want to install a small footprint of FreeBSD on an intel machine. I'm doing
this to learn about UNIX. I downloaded the BIN, MANPAGES, FLOPPIES and the
required TOOLS files. I believe that i'm ready to start the install process
and have a few concerns about running fips and they are:

1) does fips create a second PRIMARY DOS partition? I want to run FreeBSD
from this partition, do I use the fdisk utility supplied for dos or is the a
fdisk program for UNIX? both are mentioned in the doc for fips.

2) the doc states that i need an ERRORS.TXT file for fips, If so where can i
find it @ FreeBSD.org. It was not in the tools directory with the executable.

3) do I need to run a boot manager to actively boot into FeeBSD. I ask this
question yesterday and some replied that the install process of FreeBSD will
install one for you?

Any help with fips be great. I'm just a little nervous to run it and not
understand a little more about it.

Bob Brozewicz
MVS Systems Programmer