Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:26:02 -0700
From:      FT <freebsd@t41t.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Simple Text Mail Setup

> > >                      ...  But I can't send mail because the system
> > >isn't configured for that, and I'm in the dark as how to accomplish it.
> > >Is there somewhere that I can go for info on setting up a simple
> > >configuration which will let me send mail from Mutt?  ...
>
> Well, I have had sendmail enabled, but my outgoing mail gets
> bounced with a message saying that Comcast has blocked the process.

Yes. On most residential connections, Comcast blocks port 25 to reduce
the spam burden created by compromised hosts. Your options are not to
send mail on port 25 (using port 587, for instance, but that makes you
unable to communicate with many servers) or to buy business class
service from Comcast, if they'll let you. You can try calling support
and asking to have 25 unblocked, but I have yet to hear of a case
where that was effective.

-FT