Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2019 17:06:16 -0400
From:      Joseph Ward <jbwlists@hilltopgroup.com>
To:        freebsd-pkg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Poudriere failing to build package that installs to /usr/share

I have a custom port that needs to be able to write into /usr/share.
Poudriere builds that package without any issue.

However, I have a meta-port that includes that port as a RUN_DEPENDS ,
and the meta-port fails to build because the custom port fails to
install due to "immutable_base", because /usr/share is mounted read-only.

After some digging, I found the line in
/usr/local/share/poudriere/include/fs.sh which declared /usr/share to be
included in the "nullpaths" list which all get mounted read-only with
nullfs.  So I removed the /usr/share entry, and everything seems to
build correctly.

I have 2 questions:

1)  Is there a "proper" way to tell the system not to read-only mount
/usr/share that I just didn't find?  One that won't require me to
manually change that file every time I upgrade poudriere?

2)  Am I likely breaking anything by doing this?  As far as I can tell,
by removing that entry /usr/share is just part of the zfs clone when the
jail starts up and changes will be blown away when the jail is brought
down, but I made a lot of assumptions in getting to that conclusion.

Thank you!

-Joseph