Date:      Sat, 07 May 2005 05:56:16 -0500
From:      "Fafa Hafiz Krantz" <fteg@london.com>
To:        "Alex de Kruijff" <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is --- WRONG --- with my network?

Hello Alex (and Jan)!

> It could be that type slave files need to go in the subdirectory slave
> and type master files need to go in the subdirectory master.

named doesn't give me any errors.
As I previously stated, my setup has been running flawlessly for months.

> Check you /var/log/messages for errors about this.

That what I find strange too.
/var/log/messages doesn't contain anything but the snort initialization!
And /var/named/var/log is totally empty.

Here is my security run though. Maybe PF is denying something by default?
Even though I removed it from rc.conf at one time, and problems still persi=
sted,
there might have been something evil lurking in the back. I've had this pro=
blem
with IPFW, where I'd have to compile an option into my kernel for it not to
block everything.

ninja.example.com pf denied packets:
> block drop log all [ Evaluations: 184912 Packets: 5453 Bytes: 536087 Stat=
es: 0 ]

Mail in local queue:
-Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
4E3A5154        544 Fri May  6 15:09:27  fafa@example.com