Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2002 15:29:47 -0300
From:      "Fernando Costa de Almeida" <falmeida@easyit.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems with crypt after upgrade

    Hi, I have the following installed in my system:

    Apache 1.3.26 (with php.4.2.1 and mod_auth_ldap).
    Openldap 2.0.23

    Recently Ive made a upgrade from Freebsd 4.3 to Freebsd 4.6-p1 via cvsup
and make installworld, etc. After that, users cant autenticate anymore in
apache! Im wondering that this is related to new crypt libraries in the
system. Here is what apache is showing in the error-log:

   [Thu Jul  4 14:15:07 2002] [error] access to <url> failed for <ip>,
reason: user <user>: password mismatch t}HV60CLY77WJ/w, (null)

    How can I fix this or rollback to the old crypt libraries? Where I
chosse the crypt mechanism used in FreeBSD?

    Thanks in advance..