Date:      Thu, 29 May 2003 12:22:17 -0700
From:      "Sreekanth" <sreekanth@redlinenetworks.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: gratuitous ARP with em interface.

A related topic.Whenever an alias gets added to the interface, the
interface is reset.In my opinion this is uncalled for.The Interface
should be reset only when adding the first Ip address.As far as
interface is concerned Adding an IP address has no effect,except in the
first instance.My suggestion is to use the flags IFF_RUNNING|IFF_OACTIVE
to decide if we want to reset the interface again.

Comments..?

Sreekanth