Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:24:21 -0400
From:      Hiten Pandya <hiten@angelica.unixdaemons.com>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG, hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: DCE 1.1 compatible UUID support functions in libc

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 08:47:29PM -0700, Marcel Moolenaar wrote the words in effect of:
> [Rather long]
>
> Gang,
>
> In order to support immediate and future work, I'd like to commit
> the set of DCE 1.1 compatible UUID functions. For the impatient:
>
> 	http://www.xcllnt.net/~marcel/uuid.patch
>
> Credits:
> 	This work is mostly a joint effort between Hiten Pandya and
> me. Although I don't think we'd have a manpage without him :-)
>
> [ ... ]

Heh. Well, the manual page needs quite a lot of updating, and I would
say, that, the current manual page (found at the above URL), should be
left out, i.e. not committed, because it contains some pre-standard
content, and we do not want unwanted doc PRs from users. :-)

> Review notes:
> 1. The manpage
> 	The manpage included in the patch is not the final version.
> Hiten is revising it currently.

I will be looking at the manual page issue soon, because it is
documentation season in my TODO list. :-)

Cheers.

--
Hiten Pandya
http://www.unixdaemons.com/~hiten