Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 1999 23:02:33 -0600
From:      Mark <markm@online.dct.com>
To:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "/usr/local/sbin/dhclient ed0" reply "ed0: not found"!

Thus spake Malartre (malartre@aei.ca):
> /tmp/dcsdq5892: /etc/dhclient-script: not found
> ed0: not found
> exiting.
> # dmesg | grep ed0
> ed0 at 0x280-0x29f irq 11 maddr 0xd8000 msize 8192 on isa
> ed0: address 00:e0:29:13:56:8c, type SMC8416T (16 bit)
>
> What's wrong?! I need that cable modem working..

Well, the biggest problem appears to be that you don't have an
/etc/dhclient-script file... You really need that to use dhcp. If you
installed via a port, and you didn't do a make clean, look in the work
directory, then in the client directory.  They will give you a sample
dhclient.conf script to install under /etc.  If you did, then just download
the tarball and get the file, or just ask and I could email you one.

hope that helps,
--
Mark Maurer   markm@dct.com    Programmer,  DCT Technologies
              mwmaurer@mtu.edu Senior,      Michigan Technological University