Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:42:16 +0100
From:      "Ziga Turk" <ziga.turk@itc.fgg.uni-lj.si>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to change default crypt method after install

Installing one of my freeBSD 4.4 systems I guess I must have selected
DES as the default crypt method. All other use MD5. I use some date
encrypted using the crypt function (in Perl) and it seems to be using
DES method. I want it to use MD5.

How can I make, in freeBSD 4.4, MD5 as the default crypt method. Not
for passwords, but for the crypt() function. In 4.4 the relinking of
libcrypt.a is not advised.

Thanks!

Ziga

-- Ziga Turk, Ph.D., Assoc.Prof.
-- University of Ljubljana, KGI-IKPIR-FGG
-- Jamova 2, Ljubljana, Slovenia
-- http://itc.fgg.uni-lj.si/zturk/
-- tel. +386.1.4768.622, fax. +386.1.4250.693