Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:29:40 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Kurakin Roman <rik@cronyx.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Submiting new code

(copied to -doc for reasons which will become clear below)

The FTP server no longer accepts uploads.  Use uuencode and send-pr.

Many people put code submissions up on a local web site and request
comments on -current or -hackers before doing this.  It makes the
eventual code submission much more likely to be accepted.

Docs folks, would one of you like to whack the offending statement
from the Handbook?  It looks like section 19.2.4 is the problem.  (Of
course, if we have a new FTP site, that would be good too. :)

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 05:40:51PM +0400, Kurakin Roman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	How can I send a quite big submission of source code. Handbook
> says that I should put big part of report in to
> ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming but I can't found it.
>
> Kurakin Roman

Michael Lucas
mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org
http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~mwlucas/