Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 14:55:13 -0600
From:      "Rick Powell" <Rick@DataRecoveryLink.Com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Superblock question

I have a 3.5.1 freebsd system and I cannot find the backup superblocks.  I
setup a new system exactly like the one I can't see and went into a sector
editor program to look and see what the beginning of the superblock looks
like.  I did the calculation of 512 bytes per sector and 8192 bytes per
logical block equals 16 sectors per logical block.  I then multiply 16
sectors by 32 blocks should equal 512 sectors should be the start of the
backup superblock.  I can't see anything at this location that looks like
data.  I am doing this on a working freebsd drive so I can find the first
few charactors of the superblock and then do a search for those on the bad
drive.  Am I doing this correctly?  I would be happy to pay for the support
if I can get help quickly.

Thanks

Rick@datarecoverylink.com