Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2001 01:54:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Adam Blake Michalak <blake@sba.miami.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: trouble with Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI adapter

On my Gateway, I have an option to reset the system resources.  This
effectively re-IRQs everything.  I used to have this problem when I added
new cards to my Gateway P5-166 (now a 233).  What about IRQs 14 and 15?
They're typically used for on-board IDE, but if you have SCSI, can you
disable them?

I have my on-board ATI graphics card at IRQ 9, my Linksys ethernet card at
IRQ 11, my Adaptec 2930 at IRQ 10, my secondary IDE controller at IRQ 15,
and my add-on Promise ATA100 controller at IRQ 5.  This is my Gateway.  I
also have plug and play set to No.  I think if you dig enough through the
BIOS, you should be able to find a way to free up the resources.

Joe Clarke