Date:      Wed, 05 Oct 2016 16:05:19 +0700
From:      Olivier <Olivier.Nicole@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mencoder for a webcam

Hi,

I used to have it working, but I cannot find how to get that working
again:

I have a webcam installed, webcamd running, and pwcview can show me the
video.

How can I use mencoder to capture and save the stream?

I used to have something of the form:

/usr/local/bin/mencoder tv:// -tv noaudio:fps=10 -nosound -ovc lavc
-ofps 10 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=400 -o <filename> -really-quiet

but it now complains that:

tvi_bsdbt848: Unable to open bktr device. Error: No such file or directory
tvi_bsdbt848: Unable to open tuner device. Error: No such file or directory
tvi_bsdbt848: Unable to open dsp device. Error: Operation not supported

So what is the secret command to get mencoder grab the video stream from
the webcam?

Thanks in advance,

Olivier