Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2004 02:10:49 -0800
From:      Mark Edwards <mark@antsclimbtree.com>
To:        Tilman Linneweh <arved@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MT-2.661 not available

On Nov 22, 2004, at 12:41 AM, Tilman Linneweh wrote:

> * Mark Edwards [Mon, 22 Nov 2004 at 07:44 GMT]:
>> As far as I can tell, there's only one file available for Moveable
>> Type
>> 2.661, and that's:
>>
>> MT-2.661.tar.gz
>
> Where on movabletype.org can you get that file? AFAIK they removed
> everything
> 2.x related.
>

>> www/MT looks for a file called:
>>
>> MT-2.661-full-lib.tar.gz
>>
>> Which doesn't seem to be available on the web any more.  Shouldn't the
>> port be updated to reflect what's available?  As it is, I don't think
>> this port is in fact installable.
>
> MT 3.x costs $$$. It looks like nobody in FreeBSD land updated to 3.x.
>
> This port is still useful for people that run the old version.
> You can get the old distfile at various sites on the net, unfortunately
> the License forbids redistribution, so we can't mirror it.

Well I spent a half hour trying to find it and couldn't.

You can get the MT-2.661 source code by going to the download section
of moveabletype.org, registering as if you are going to download 3.x,
and then choosing 2.661 from the list after you log on.

I still run 2.661, but I deleted my distfile and now I can't reinstall
the port if I have to unless I find an illegally distributed copy of
the source file that the port is asking for.