Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:34:34 +0200
From:      Herve Quiroz <hq@freebsd.org>
To:        "Manfred N. Riem" <mriem@manorrock.org>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions about porting a Java application

Manfred,

I don't know if the INSTALLDIR/doc is mandatory, but I'll assume it's
not. Hence, I would do the following:

- install 'INSTALL-DIR/bin/*' in ${JAVASHAREDIR}/${PORTNAME}/bin/
- install 'INSTALL-DIR/lib/*' in ${JAVASHAREDIR}/${PORTNAME}/lib/
- install 'INSTALL-DIR/*' in ${JAVASHAREDIR}/${PORTNAME}/
- install 'INSTALL-DIR/doc/*' in ${DOCSDIR}/
- symlink ${JAVASHAREDIR}/${PORTNAME}/bin/<executable_script> in
  ${PREFIX}/bin.

I'm not sure about the last point though. Maybe it's even more simple to
install directly in ${PREFIX}/bin if the application allows it.

Herve