Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:32:01 -0400
From:      Paul <paul@gtcomm.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, "Wilkinson, Alex" <alex.wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Subject:   Re: Multiple routing tables in action...

I've been waiting for something like this.  Linux has done policy
routing for many many years and is very good at it.  I prefer to use
FreeBSD for routing though and this is a feature I have been waiting for :)
Mainly to use with BGP , having multiple BGP routing tables.   I would
like it to be similar to Cisco's VRF or Juniper's routing instance, but
maybe that's asking too much.
We use it on our hardware routers for implementations such as having
multiple bgp route tables and having customer bandwidth pricing change
based on which routing table their traffic gets , say.. value customers,
premium customers, customers who want only certain carriers in their
bandwidth mix, etc.
Would be fun to have support for FBSD with quagga/openbgpd etc.. and be
able to use dscp for marking or any other policy based rule (source ip
for instance).

Thanks Julian.. This is a step forward in the right direction :)