Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 2002 19:58:08 -0500
From:      Bryan Cassidy <bryanc2000@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mutt and Filters

OK. I am going to try this one last time. I really want to keep using
Mutt because it's small, fast and I like console based apps anyways. I
am new at this stuff ok. I have asked a couple places on the net many
times in the last 2 weeks and still can't get it to work. I am
starting over. I want Mutt to Filter out my e-mails into groups. Like
for this mailing list I want "ALL" e-mails sent, and replied to on
this list to be sent to a sertain group I dont know maybe called
FreeBSD-Questions. When I open Mutt I don't want to see all e-mails in
the main window if I have e-mail waiting and already downloaded. I
want to see a group called FreeBSD-Questions in the main window where
when I highlight it and click enter I will see all e-mails for the
mailing list. I have subscribed to a couple others but you get my
point. I am using Mutt 1.4 with the default version of Sendmail that
comes with FreeBSD 4.6.2, and Fetchmail 6.1.0 . I have like 300+
e-mails a day for many things and I really need to add this feature
into Mutt like now. It's driving me crazy. I could switch to something
like Sylpheed but I don't need a big GUI apps if I can get the
features I want in Mutt. A couple people have told me what to do to
get this feature working in Mutt but so far nothing. I need to start
over cause someone is forgetting to tell me to do something.