Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 16:08:33 -0600
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        trini0 <trini0@optonline.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: netscape 6

trini0 (trini0@optonline.net) wrote:

> How is it with gifs and such.  It didn't seem mature enough when I tried
> it....

I'm running Opera-4.0b4 and Mozilla-M18. gifs, jpegs and pngs appear
identical when viewed with xmag.

Opera's printing is a bit unstable (printing didn't exist until
beta5), and it doesn't handle Java or Plugins. Plus I find the
user-interface a bit kludgy.  Opera's major feature is its speed.

I guess you can focus on speed when you aren't trying to be a mail
client/newsreader/HTML WYSIWYG editor/etc.

--
Christopher Farley
Northern Brewer / 1150 Grand Avenue / St. Paul, MN 55105