Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:30:49 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <jmcoopr@webmail.bmi.net>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
Subject:   Re: problem with plip stealing clock

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

> Sounds like hardware to me.  You probably want to run a time program via
> cron to periodically update the clock rate.

Well, that may be, but it was pretty well-behaved hardware until I used
plip--no clock drift whatsoever.  I have the daemon running at boot to
update off of an external time source, but it seems pretty clear to me
that the timer tick interrupt is getting clobbered--else why the drift
only when plip is running a transfer?

jmc