Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 2000 11:47:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with StarOffice package install

I am running FBSD 3.4R.
I have just installed the star office package via:

#  pkg_add staroffice-3.1.tgz

This returns the message:

WARNING:  In order for this package to work correctly, the following
          steps _must_ be taken :
  - The Linux libc in /compat/linux must be upgraded to 5.4.4 or later.
    This can be achieved by installing version 2.4 or later of the
    linux_lib port, or by fetching a later version manually.
  - The Linux 'ldconfig' program must be run to update the library
    cache details for Linux programs.

NOTE:  Do not follow the installation instructions included with the
       StarOffice distribution, as these are not required.  The first
       time a user runs a StarOffice application, the installation
       program will be run, which will establish their personal
       configuration.

--
My question is, what is this really saying and what is the easiest way to
do it?

In /compat/linux/lib I have

root     wheel     3070220 Oct 13  1998 libc-2.0.7.so*
root     wheel          13 May  2 18:43 libc.so.6 ->libc-2.0.7.so*

Is the warning saying that I need to install linux_base-5.4.4.tgz to get
libc-2.4.so? If so, where do I get the linux_base. Or can I just find a
copy of libc-2.4.so and copy it to /compat/linux/lib ?

Thanks