Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 07:25:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Beware of UnixWare 7...And Lysdexia?

On 21 Jun 1999, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org> writes:
> > Many conf tasks remain non-trivial as compared to BSD or Linux due
> > to inexpertise on SCO's end...as the red Sytem Admin Handbook once
> > stated (Neveth, Snyder et al.) SCO Unix* is `perverse'.
>
> Nemeth, Snyder, Seebass, Hein.
    ^
Hey!  So I mix up left and right index fingers while typing?!!
Is that a crime!!?  Besides which ---
`Et al' means `and the rest'...useful for the typing impaired!

Anyhoo, maybe Evi will forgive me...maybe not but I still find
the book useful, as I reckon you do!  My copy sits next to my
BSD console at home, right underneath my stuffed chuckie daemon.

The part that compares system initialisation is especially useful.
I use both getty and ttymon and the book does a good job comparing
the two strategies...I wish they'd do a new edition.  I like
Aeleen Frisch (SP? ;-)  and her `Essential System Administration'
from Tim O'Reilly but the red sysadm guide is my favourite.
(Altho I wince when I see the price tag these days:  $65 US!)

Cheers (thanks for the correction),
Tom

------- North Richmond Community Mental Health Center -------

Thomas Good                                   MIS Coordinator
Vital Signs:                  tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
                                          Phone: 718-354-5528
                                          Fax:   718-354-5056

/* Member: Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility */